Nature Loving Essential Oils For A Fresher Home
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend, I know I did! I plan on telling you all about it on Wednesday, but until then I have a fabulous guest post from Molly Dennis. She is here to talk to us about essential oils in the home, and how to use them for cleaning! Molly is from London and although she does not have a blog she loves writing and sharing her knowledge about cleaning, home organization, and decluttering. Today she has put together a great list for us on essential oils to use for cleaning your home. I hope you all enjoy!
Nature loving essential oils for a fresher home
Keeping your home fresh smelling is an important component of the general maintenance, but sometimes the elimination of bad odours can turn into a real challenge. It is a well-known fact that even the most expensive air-fresheners achieve mediocre results when it comes to neutralizing food, nicotine or pet odours. In point of fact, the only thing air fresheners do is to provide a temporary solution and cover up the smell for some time. In addition, they are notorious for containing toxic substances that can even cause allergy outbursts. So, if you are a DIY person and you are keen on green living, you should definitely consider making your own air-freshener and enjoy the pleasant aroma that lingers for a long time.
- You must have heard about the incredible cleaning properties of lemon and its numerous applications around the household. Lemon juice is well-known for lifting grease from the surfaces and leaving the treated area fresh scented. So, if the smell of a lemon appeals to you, go ahead and get some lemon essential oil. A few drops of it do miracles when you have to clean dirty dishes or deodorise the kitchen. Just pour some water into a spray bottle and add a few drops of the essential oil.
- Lemon essential oil can help you remedy the situation with the stinky fridge. Make a mixture of baking soda and a few drops of essential oil and let the solution absorb the unpleasant smell. The mixture works well when you have to neutralize the bad smell from the wooden cutting board, too.
- If you are keen on experimenting and creating your own unique air freshener, you can dissolve two or three essential oils into water poured in spray bottle. The combination of clove, sandalwood and orange is considered fascinating by many. The same statement is valid for lemon, eucalyptus and tea tree mixture. If you want to make your home as fresh smelling as if you have spent the entire day cleaning, you should opt for the following combination of essential oils: grapefruit + lemon + bergamont + wild orange. I learned this recipe from professional cleaners from CarpetCleaners Wandsworth.
- It would be unnatural to exclude lavender essential oil from the list of the best natural air-fresheners out there. The mixture of water and several drops of lavender oil are irreplaceable when it comes to eliminating stale odours. Lavender oil might not be famous for its cleaning properties, but it is not a coincidence that it is a main ingredient of top quality cosmetic products for body. The pleasant aroma has a calming effect on both your mind and body.
- Apart from using essential oils for cleaning different surfaces or dissolving them into plain water, you can also consider some more creative ways to use them around the house. For example, you can fill a fancy, decorative jar with white rice and add a few drops of the essential oil you prefer. Rest assured that the produced fragrance will linger for a long time. You can even make a separate different-scented jar for each room and switch their places when you get used to that smell.
- As mentioned above, lavender is known for its calming properties, so if you add a few drops of lavender oil on a tissue and place it near your pillow, it will help you shake off stress.
- The easiest way for keeping your clothes fresh smelling is by soaking cotton balls into essential oil and placing them in the corners of the wardrobe. The clothes will not only smell fresh, but they will also be protected against moths.
In order to achieve the fantastic freshness you have been dreaming about, it is important to purchase a 100% natural essential oil that has not been processed or diluted. Unlock your imagination and experiment with different aroma combinations until you find the one that appeals to you most.